Friday, May 20, 2011

Agnostic

This is what my friend told me about Agnostic:

Agnostic basically means I am spiritual but don't believe in a god as most organized religions tout without evidence. So, if tomorrow, some guy with white hair floats down out of the sky and shows me a miracle, I reserve the right to change my mind. Until then, I don't believe he (or she) exists.

I don't like organized religions. I do things that are spiritual (reading, hiking, etc.) but they don't resemble anything that religious fanatics call spiritual.

I have an uncle who is an professor of evolutionary biology. I've probably read about 10-20 books on religions and evolution and (in Western society at least) the conflict between the two, which is both fascinating and aggravating.

Does that answer your question?