Monday, November 30, 2009

A Mother's Love


A Mother's Love

I have a pair of socks
a very plain pair of socks
Every time I wear this pair of socks
I feel my mother's love...

At one time, there was a hole in the toe of each sock
I almost threw them away
But my mom said, "No. I can sew them for you and you can wear them again."
My mom was born in a poor family and she has been frugal all her life
Mom added a piece of cloth to the toe of each of the torn socks and sewed them

I am now gazing at the sock and thinking about my mother and her love

A mother's love is instinctual, unconditional, and forever
To a child's ear, "Mama" is magic in any language

My mother, my best friend so dear

Throughout my life she has always been near
A tender smile to guide my way
She's the sunshine to light my day

Best friends forever, my mom and me
picking flowers and cleaning homes
a shoulder to cry on, secrets to share
Warm hearts and hands that really care

My mother's love for me
is the greatest love of my life

I love you, my dear loving mom...